The following rules are guidelines and expectations related to the your behavior in chat. These are suggestions and do not supersede the Terms of Service, and we reserve the right to take any disciplinary action, up to and including banning your account, for any conduct regardless of whether it is explicitly addressed here.
These are general, non-hypno rules that apply to basic chat behavior. These are non-exhaustive, and the staff's decisions should be respected.
- Don't be a dick. Be civil, treat people respectfully, and don't troll indiscriminately.
- If you disagree with how the site staff handle something, you're welcome to raise a complaint using the /mod function. Please don't cause drama in public.
- Don't dominate a channel with spam, dice rolls, or venting, especially if other people are chatting.
- If you want to post NSFW (erotic or suggestive, including softcore stuff), NSFL (creepy or disturbing), or hypnotic images or gifs in chat, please label them as such. Obviously this can be subjective, but if in doubt, it's better to label than not.
- Don't tell anyone to change their privacy settings without clearly explaining the pros and cons.
- You must not use the matchmaker as a substitute for registering an account to create private channels. If you happen to match up with someone you know, that's fine, but don't tell someone to go on the matchmaker if they're not already.
- If you want to exchange off-site contact info with a friend, that's fine, but we don't allow anything that looks like baiting a stranger to go off-site, under any circumstances.
- Linking to other chatrooms is not allowed.
- Please avoid using link shorteners, other than dedicated ones like youtu.be. If you want to shorten an image URL, you should rehost it on Imgur.
These rules govern how you use the site itself.
- Don't save (offsite) logs of users without their consent, even from public rooms. If you have saved logs of another user, including in the past, you must delete them when asked by the user in question or by site staff.
- One account per physical person. If you want to change your name, for the time being please ask the staff. We usually accept name changes unless we have a good reason not to.
- If you're registered, you must use your account. If you're not registered, try to stick to one name - we don't like people swapping names every day.
- You can usually set your gender symbol to whatever you like. There's no requirement to match your gender symbol to your genitalia.
- But if you're using the matchmaker, you should set your gender symbol to either your identified gender (which may not be your gender assigned at birth, and that's fine), or non-binary/undisclosed.
- Don't put contact info in your profile. This includes anything that could be regarded as inviting people to ask you for contact details.
- If there's a public room with general conversation, please consider moving to Main Chat if you know that it's quiet. This isn't mandatory unless asked, but it means new people joining won't feel excluded.
- This shouldn't be necessary to say, but please don't crash the site. If you want to try and break things, tell Emily, and she can set up a test server for you.
These are our hypno specific rules.
- We require informed consent before doing hypnosis. Consent can be withdrawn at any time.
- Hypnotists are not allowed to gain personal information (last names, addresses, pictures) or contact information (Skype, Hangouts, Discord, etc) via hypnosis or other suggestions.
- Hypnotherapy is not allowed. Helping someone to feel better is one thing, trying to help them quit smoking is not.
- Neither hypnotists nor subjects are allowed to ask for payment for sessions conducted on the site - this includes findom/finsub.
- Please don't intentionally do trances or excessive roleplay in Main Chat.
- The creation of alters/tulpas is not allowed, even with consent. This does not mean that someone having those cannot participate on this site, but it does mean that such things cannot be created on here.
- Unless you've got explicit consent to do so, you must not delete messages sent during a session unless it's a genuine error. Hiding messages from your partner via hypnotic means is fine.
- Don't fake trance, or roleplay trances without consent. If it's not working for you, tell your hypnotist, otherwise you provide positive reinforcement for ineffective techniques which spoils it for everyone.
If you have any questions about the rules, or want to report what you feel is a violation, please use the /mod command in chat! We may not respond immediately, but we'll be notified and will deal with your problem as soon as possible.